FBI PIV IQS Certified Compact Biometric Module
- The best, most compact optical modules on the market
- Easy integration of biometric functions into multiple applications
- High quality fingerprint acquisition
- Embedded processing capabilities: MINEX compliant Coder & Matcher inside
- FBI PIV IQS certification and fake finger detection available
- Extensive security features, including encryption and digital signature
The MorphoSmart™ CBM Series is a range of compact fingerprint modules. They use Morpho’s patented optical technology and biometric algorithms, both acknowledged worldwide for their high levels of accuracy and performance and their exceptional robustness.
Whether used for off-the-shelf or custom-made applications, the MorphoSmart™ CBM Series offers a flexible, costeffective solution for the fast and secure processing of high quality fingerprint images.
Integrators can rapidly add the benefits of fingerprint recognition to their applications, without having specific knowledge of biometrics.
More than sensors, intelligent modules
While most sensors on the market are only capable of producing fingerprint images, the CBM modules are also capable of processing them internally, running powerful algorithms directly on their embedded processor.
- Image Compression using WSQ algorithm from FBI/NIST
- Biometric Feature Extraction to generate templates
- Feature Extractor is MINEX/FIPS 201 compliant
- Proprietary, ISO 19794-2 or ANSI 378 template formats available
- Templates can be stored in CBM’s internal database (up to 10 000 templates)
- Biometric Matching
- Matcher is MINEX/FIPS 201 compliant
- 1:1 authentication or 1:N identification (up to N = 5000 users)
- High accuracy: the false acceptance rate (FAR) is configurable down to 10-8 (depending on the security requirements) and maintained regardless of number of users in database
- Fast matching (refer to the table on right page)
- CBM is capable of addressing juvenile fingers
- CBM implements an anti-latency feature: that detects fingerprint traces reactivated under certain lighting conditions
Embedded security features
When sensitive data (image or template) needs to be shared with a Host System, CBM modules are capable of securing them before dispatching.
- Multiple security principles available:
- Symmetric and asymmetric keys
- Key derivation
- Hashing algorithm
- Random number generator
- Image and Template Encryption for the sake of confidentiality
- Template Signature (X9.84 standard) to guarantee the origin and the integrity of the data sent to the Host System
- The communication channel between CBM and Host/ Distant System can be protected using either Secure Tunneling or Offered Security mode